Thursday, March 27, 2008

Our Baby Is Starting KindergartenThis Year......What's Up With That.















Happy Birthday Kate!!!!! I can't believe that Kate is 5 today. I can still remember the frantic drive to the hospital just to get there in time for Kate to be born. She was born about 5 minutes after we got to the hospital. She came so early and was so very small but we all felt her sweetness even in her small body.




I will never forget giving her a blessing with Dad very soon after she was born and in the intensive care unit. She was struggling to breathe and the doctors seemed quite worried. I must say that I too was very nervous and worried. But then just as we completed the blessing Dad said, "look at that Craig..." I looked down and Kate had taken her tiny hand and grabbed a hold of my dads finger. Unable to even come close to getting her tiny fingers around his. It was the first sign of real life in her and I knew that she was going to be just fine. I'll always remember the spirit I felt as she struggled to grab her papa's finger. Now every time I see her smile I remember what a blessing she is.



Today we went to Jumpin' Jacks and played on the bouncing slides. The kids all had a great time ( See pictures below). Then it was back home for cake. I think that the kids really had a good time. I wish the pictures were a bit more clear but I'm working with my cell phone. I can't bring myself to buy a digital camera. I think the more that I post on this blog the more motivated I'll become to make the investment and not be such a cheapskate.



Here's some pictures of the fun we had at Jumpin' Jacks.
































2 comments:

Cari said...

Kate is a sweetie that's for sure! I love how she always sings! We sure love her too! Happy Birthday Kate!

Cortney Chambers said...

She is such a doll! I can't believe it's already been 5 years! Sarah will be a new woman with all the kids in school!!!